The proposed international conference will serve as venue for the SUC Board Secretaries to share their experiences, skills and expertise and listen to very good and honorable speakers who contribute to their professional development. Attendance to the said conference will improve the skills and personality of the Board Secretaries which they could use and apply in their respective institutions.
The 2011 Annual National Conference and 1st International Conference was held in Clark, Pampanga and Nanyang Polytechnica, Singapore, in April 23-27,2011.
This year’s international conference and training workshop is anchored on the theme: “PABSSCU International Benchmarking: A Continuing Learning Experience for Board Secretaries of Universities and Colleges”
1. To be able to observe and learn the best practices of State Universities in the Asia-Pacific Region particularly in Vietnam;
2. Provide an interaction with the officials, faculty members and staff of foreign universities;
3. Be updated on the educational system of various universities in the Asia-Pacific;
4. Support the Philippine Association of state Universities and Colleges (PASUC) in the promotion of academic networking and exchanges as well as access to the institutions of higher education;
5. Participate in the training-workshop on legal research and management and processing of legislative documents and systematic documentation Governing Board documents;
6. Develop and enhance interpersonal relations among Board Secretaries, and other staff performing complete staff work (CSW).
1. Preparation and submission of the proposal and summary sheet to CHED
2. Issuance of memorandum from the CHED Chairman enjoining all Board Secretaries to participate the international Conference of PABSSCU in October 2013.
3. Invitation /confirmation to all speakers and necessary communication to hosts and sponsors.
4. Finalization of the venue for the conference.
5. Preparation of kits and materials;
6. Group booking for the airfare.
7. Conduct of the International Conference
8. Submission Report.
13th Annual Training Workshop and 2nd International Conference of Board Secretaries of State Universities and Colleges in the Philippines
Theme: “PABSSCU International Benchmarking: A Continued
Learning Experience for Board Secretaries”
Host and Venue: Thai Nguyen University, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam
Date: October 2-3, 2013
October 2, 2013
Arrival/Registration (Hotel Accommodation)
October 2, 2013
Breakfast and Registration – Conference Proper
Welcome Messages: Provincial Governor, Thai Nguyen
TOPIC PRESENTATIONS: 1. Vietnam Education System
2. TNU-CAF-ITC Profiles
Dinner/ Cultural Presentation c/o TNU-CAF
October 3, 2013
PABSSCU OFFICERS with TNU-ITC Director & Officials
CAMPUS TOUR AND AROUND THE CITY
September 3, 2013
Business/General Assembly Meeting
Proceed to the Airport
Home sweet home!!!